Consultant & Practitioner of Alternative Medicines
Welcome to my practice. As you know, I am a practitioner of Homeopathy. I am not a licensed physician, nor are Homeopathic services licensed by the State of California. The idea behind Homeopathy is that:
It (Homeopathy) is a practice whereby the natural healing power of the body is stimulated by extremely dilute non-toxic quantities of substances.
As a practitioner of Homeopathy and other alternative medicines, I will provide you with the following kinds of services:
- I will interview you extensively to determine the appropriate Homeopathic and/or Alternative Medicine remedies you would need to restore your health.
- I will follow the progress of your healing and advise you on when and how to change your treatment.
I have been studying and practicing Homeopathy and other Alternative medicines for a long time. My experience, training and education is described below:
- Practicing Homeopathy, Cell salts and Bach flower remedies since 1975.
- Completed doctorate/post-graduate diploma program at the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines – Kolkata, India. Apart from Homoeopathy, I studied Medicine Herbalism, Biochemical Medicine, Bach Flower Remedies, Ayurveda, Radiesthesia & Radionics and Naturopathy.
- Studying Classical Homeopathy at the Caduceus Institute in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Certified by the American Association of Drug-less Practitioners as a Holistic Health Practitioner.
- Practicing Reiki – Certified in Third Degree Usui Reiki.
Nature of Work Performed by Balbir Mahal
My method of treatment involves the use of Homeopathy, cell salts and/or medicinal herbal, Bach flower remedies that are alternative or complementary to healing arts and are licensed by the State of California. Under Sections 2053.5 and 2053.6 of California’s Business and Professions Code, I can offer you these services, subject to requirements and restrictions that are described fully below.
CALIFORNIA SENATE BILL SB-577 – What it means for you?
California Senate Bill SB-577 gives you access to alternative and complementary health care practitioners. You must be given information about the nature of treatment and the practitioner’s qualifications. Feel free to ask a practitioner any question you might have about your treatment. Check to see if your practitioner has been certified by a professional membership society. In addition, tell your doctor about any alternative treatment you are pursuing. You can also request that your licensed and unlicensed health care providers communicate with each other and work collaboratively to meet your health care needs.
SB-577 helps to protect you. SB-577 requires unlicensed alternative health care practitioners to follow certain guidelines and restrictions.
Here are the things that unlicensed alternative practitioners are NOT allowed to do:
- Perform any form of surgery or any procedure that punctures your skin or harmfully invades your body.
- Use X-ray radiation.
- Prescribe prescription drugs, or recommending that you discontinue drugs that were prescribed by a licensed physician.
- Set fractures
- Treat wounds with electrotherapy
- Put you at risk of great bodily harm, serious physical or mental illness, or death
- Imply in any way that they are licensed physicians.
In addition, an unlicensed alternative practitioner MUST DO the following things:
- Provide you with a statement, written in plain language that includes the following information:
- That they are not a licensed physician and that their services are not licensed by the state;
- A brief and clear description of the kind of services they provide and the reasoning behind it; and
- A description of their education, training, and experience.
- Ask you to sign an acknowledgement that you received the above written statement, and provide you with a copy of it. They must also keep a copy of your signed acknowledgement for three years.
If you ever have any concerns about the nature of your treatment, please feel free to discuss them with me. I recommend that you inform your medical doctor that you are receiving Homeopathy treatment.
Cost of Consultation
I have reviewed the fee statement below. I agree to pay these fees at the time that services are provided, by cash or check. I agree to the terms and charges as described in the fee statement.
- Initial consultation (2 hours or less as required): $ 150
- Follow-up consultations (60 minutes or less as required): $ 75
These fees may include (some or all) homeopathic remedies and brief check-in calls as required to track your health response. Any additional supplements (herbs, tinctures, cell salts, flower essences) are charged separately, if provided by the practitioner, or can be obtained independently by me from various healthcare stores, etc.
Acknowledgement and Consent to Receive Services
I have read and understood the above disclosure about the Homeopathy treatment offered by Balbir Mahal and his training and education. As a client, I understand that my practitioner evaluates my entire condition based on a holistic, homeopathic approach, and assist me to stimulate my body’s own healing mechanisms with the use of substances prepared according to the guidelines of the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the U.S, as regulated by the FDA.
I have discussed with Balbir Mahal the nature of the services to be provided. I understand that Balbir Mahal is not a licensed physician and that Homeopathy services are not licensed by the state. I understand it is my responsibility to maintain a relationship for myself/my child with a medical doctor. I have consented to use the services offered by Balbir Mahal, and agree to be personally responsible for the fees of Balbir Mahal in connection with the services provided to me.
I understand that my practitioner may also discuss with me the use of other integrative safe therapies that are also part of the Alternative Medicines, to stimulate the body’s own healing power, and that these are within his scope of practice to the extent that he incorporates them. I agree that I am interested in enhancing my own abilities to establish health in mind and body.
I understand that there is no recommendation by Balbir Mahal to stop, vary, reduce or change any medication prescribed by my General Practitioner and/or Consultant and if I intend to do so, it will be at my own choice and Balbir Mahal will not be liable for any consequences thereof.
If it is necessary to cancel / reschedule an appointment, notification of schedule change must be made at least 24 hours in advance; appointments that are missed or cancelled late represent time that was scheduled for the client, and will be charged the full fee.
For scheduling, brief check-ins and acute (not chronic) complaints, please call during morning call-in time. There is no charge for calls during this time. These are intended to be brief calls that can be taken care of in 5 minutes or so. If an acute appointment (usually 15 minutes) is required, it can often be scheduled later that day.
Call-in times for Balbir Mahal (925-709-4884):
Morning Call-in time: 9:00 am – 12:00 noon PST, Monday – Thursday
Evening Call-in time: 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm PST, Monday – Thursday
There is a $25 consult fee for any additional acute (not chronic), non-related symptoms that come up during the treatment of the primary condition.