My journey with Homeopathy started back in 1970, when I had kidney stones and developed colic as a result of it. My doctor gave me 3 shots to relieve the pain in a period of an hour but there was no relief from the severe pain – which had me tossing in bed. Seeing my condition, my parents called a Homeopathic practitioner. She gave me some pills in water and the pain vanished and in a day or so, I passed the stone as well. This experience made me curious about the Homeopathic system that had worked like magic and more effectively than the generic system (allopathic) of medicine. It triggered a desire in me to learn this system of healing and thereafter the initial learning started with self-study which carried on for over 4 years.
My practice of Homeopathy started with my daughter’s birth. She was diagnosed and treated for an ailment at her birth, but we were cautioned that we need to be careful with her for the first few years of her life as it will surely relapse, especially during the winter season. I gave her Homeopathic medicine for the birth ailment and just like that, my daughter became my first patient. And it worked as expected. We never had to resort to any other system of medicine for our children from then on. Word soon spread around where I was working (in the military) – so much that I started running part-time Homeopathic clinics where ever I would be stationed. This gave me a lot of experience in handling different types of sicknesses and health issues. I had the good fortune to sit-in with Homeopathic practitioners as well and learn additional skills from each of them. Thereafter, I have been continuously studying while practicing Homeopathy and other Alternative Medicines.
My experience, training and education is given below:
- Practicing Homeopathy, Cell salts and Bach flower remedies since 1975.
- Completed Doctorate and Post Graduate Diploma program at the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines – Kolkata, India. There, apart from Homeopathy, I studied Medicine Herbalism, Biochemical [Cell salts] Medicine, Bach Flower Remedies, Ayurveda, Radiesthesia & Radionics and Naturopathy.
- Studying Classical Homeopathy at the Caduceus Institute in Santa Cruz, CA.
- Certified by the American Association of Drug-less Practitioners as a Holistic Health Practitioner.
- Practicing Reiki – Certified in Third Degree Usui Reiki.
Today, with the experiences and knowledge gained over the years, I have immense faith in Homeopathy and other alternate healing systems that I have used and wish to help heal those who have various health issues and wish to seek an alternative medicine healing system.